Apple’s Q4 2012 Results By The Numbers: $121.3 Billion In Cash And Crazy Growth Across The Board
“We’re very proud to end a fantastic fiscal year with record September quarter results,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook in today’s fourth quarter earnings report. “We’re entering this holiday season with the best iPhone, iPad, Mac and iPod products ever, and we remain very confident in our new product pipeline.”
While Apple didn’t see a ‘blowout’ quarter this time around, things are still looking very good for the Cupertino company. Apple is still the most valuable company on earth, and its flagship products are seeing crazy growth in sales. We’ve collected all of the big numbers from today’s earnings call:
- Apple now has $107.46 billion in cash and available assets.
- $36.0 billion in revenue
- Net profit of $8.2 billion, or $8.67 profit per diluted share
- International markets accounted for 60% of Apple’s sales.
- 26.9 million iPhones sold, 58% year-over-year growth
- 14 million iPads sold, 26% year-over-year growth
- 4.9 million Macs sold, 1% year-over-year growth
- MacBooks are 80% of all Mac sales.
- 5.3 million iPods sold, 19% year-over-year decline in growth
- iPod touch is half of all iPod sales.
- 700,000 apps in the App Store
- 1.3 million Apple TVs sold, still a “beloved hobby”
- $4.2 billion in Apple retail sales
- 19,000 visitors per Apple Store each week
- 18 new retail stores opened in 10 different countries.
- iCloud now has 190 million users, up 40 million users from 3 months ago.
The kingdom of Apple is flourishing.
“We’re pleased to have generated over $41 billion in net income and over $50 billion in operating cash flow in fiscal 2012,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the first fiscal quarter of 2013, we expect revenue of about $52 billion and diluted earnings per share of about $11.75.” That’s an huge revenue estimate. The holidays are going to be very good to Apple.
AAPL investors will be pleased to learn that Apple will be paying out another cash dividend of $2.65 per share on November 15th.